What you will learn
Excellent training – hands-on, clear and thought provoking
RAISEonline Consultancy & Training Course
This brand new ‘Life After Raise KS5’ Course has been specifically designed to take into account the significant changes which will be seen in the 2018 Post 16 data releases and accountability measures containing 2017 data.
What you will learn
• How to interpret and analyse your Post 16 Inspection Data Summary Report
• How to identify gaps and trends
• How to evaluate pupil, group, subject and school performance
• How to understand the new performance measures for Post 16
• How to interpret, analyse and use the Level 3 Value Added Ready Reckoner for target setting
• How to understand the Ofsted Post 16 framework
The course looks at the new KS5 Inspection Data Summary Report and offers delegates the opportunity to fully and thoroughly analyse their own data. This element of the course will focus on overall progress alongside performance at a subject level and a thorough, contextual overview of your students providing a clear basis for subsequent evaluation. During the course, we will also examine any possible gender gaps, progress according to prior attainment and how well-disadvantaged students are achieving. The workbook which accompanies the course lets you instantly compare your students’ performance to national figures, allowing you to identify positive trends and areas for further investigation.
In addition to the Inspection Data Summary Report overview, we look at key national statistics from the 2017 results. The course fully explains the new performance measures at Post 16 and offers guidance on how to amend your tracking and monitoring to reflect this. We also scrutinise the various ways that subject transition matrices can be used to optimise student outcomes before taking a detailed look at the Level 3 Value Added Ready Reckoner and how it can be used for target setting. The course closes with an examination of the most recent Ofsted Post 16 framework, with ideas on how to address the key issues for inspection through rigorous self-evaluation.
This Key Stage 5 course was very helpful for Heads of Sixth Form trying to understand the new Data Dashboards. These documents are vital to effective preparation for Ofsted and, as such, this course would be a must for all Heads of Sixth Form who are not yet competent in this new version of performance measures. Very helpful indeed!
Who should attend
This training course is beneficial for;
• Head Teachers
• Deputy Head Teachers
• Senior Management Teams
• Heads of 6th Form / Post 16 leaders
• Data Managers
• Subject Leaders
• Gifted and Talented Leaders
• Class teachers
WHY is analysing your data so important?
This ASP training course will provide you with the tools, knowledge and expertise to calculate your own pupil/subject/school Progress and Attainment quickly and easily.
You will be provided with expert guidance and support which will provide you with the knowledge you need to effectively interpret and analyse your data.
You will be provided with access to our e-resources, which will enable you easy access to key documents which is updated and added to on a regular basis.
Throughout the training session, you will complete a full analysis of your Ofsted Inspection Data Summary Report (IDSR). Delegates will have the opportunity to use the materials provided to put together the data using the Analysis and Interpretation booklet provided
summarising key information relevant for sharing with school stakeholders and OFSTED. Delegates will have the opportunity to create intuitive next step action plans which can be put forward for your school improvement planning.
This course combines interactive guidance and support on: accessing, interpreting and analysing data with focus on the IDSR; the Level 3 ready Reckoner; New Performance Measures; Ofsted Post 16 Framework; next step actions.
OFSTED will look for patterns and evidence around the following areas:
• Do leaders promote high expectations and use rigorous systems to drive improvement and achievement of learners and groups of learners?
• Are study programmes planned to fully meet the principles of the DFE’s 16 to 19 expectations?
• Do teaching and assessment support and challenge learners?
• Do study programmes build on prior attainment to allow students to make progress?
• Do learners receive high-quality impartial careers guidance that prepares them for their chosen next steps?
• Are learners developing personal, social, employability and independent learning skills?
• What is the impact of non-qualification / enrichment activities?
• Are learners making progress from their different starting points?
• Are the 16 to 19 minimum standards met where applicable?
• Are the arrangements for safeguarding learners effective?
RAISEonline training and consultancy sessions can be personalised to support the professional development needs of your school team and offer consultancy support to school development.
Analyse School Performance Training and Consultancy will support your school to investigate the following key areas that Ofsted will focus on:
• How the school’s progress figures compare with national figures
• What is the impact of the schools’ actions to enable all pupils to reach their potential?
• What are the trends over time, and what are the reasons behind them?
• Does progress differ across different types of qualification – Academic / Applied General / Technical Certificates / Level 2?
• What are the progress figures and trends for subjects, including English and Mathematics re-sits?
• What are the trends in the progress of groups of pupils, particularly by gender, prior attainment at KS4 and disadvantaged?
•What is the impact of the schools actions to enable all pupils to reach their potential?What is at the root of trends over time?
• What are the patterns of performance for different types of pupils?
Agenda, Full Day KS5 Inspection Dashboard Course
FULL DAY COURSE (9 am to 3:30 pm)
Post 16 Performance Measures
• Fully updated including Level 2 results
• Future developments – be prepared!
Key trends from results
• The impact of de-coupled AS and A2 exams
• National trends – where does your school or college stand?
The Post 16 Inspection Data Summary Report
• Understanding your strengths
• Identifying your areas for development
• Interpretation and Analysis of your Inspection Data Summary Report
Level 3 Transition Matrices and the Post 16 Ready Reckoner
•The differences between subjects
•Effective IAG for improved engagement and outcomes
•Target setting to secure positive progress
Ofsted and Post 16
•The Post 16 framework
•Updates from Ofsted
•Dynamic action planning
Course Fee at Training Locations
|Consultancy & Training||Per Delegate Fee||Free Telephone|
|Full Day||£249** / £349*||12 Months|
* When you book for one delegate.
All prices are excluded from VAT.
** When you book for two or more colleagues, price is reduced by £100 for a full day course for each delegate. Colleagues may be from other schools. The cost for a full day’s training is £249 per delegate if you book two or more colleagues instead of £349 per delegate. All prices are excluding VAT.
Consultancy & Training Course Fee at Your School
For any in-house enquiries, please contact us on 0844 504 5812
Cluster of Schools
Many schools request a whole day training, combining ASP Interactive training in the morning with FFT training or one of our other Training Courses in the afternoon.
Combining ASP Training with the NEW ASP Governor Training Course is also an excellent combination supporting schools Nationally to ensure school Governing Bodies understand their school ASP Summary Report, fulfil their Leadership and Management responsibilities and support School Evaluation and Improvement.
Alternatively, contact us by telephone/email to speak to one of our Senior School Improvement Consultants to discuss your school’s needs and options and request a Personalised School Improvement Training package.
Since 2006, we have specialised in ASP (formerly RAISEonline) and Fischer Family Trust Consultancy and Training for all schools and local authorities, analysing your school’s performance and progress data together with your staff.
Our mission is to provide quality and multifaceted consultancy in education and training in Early Years settings, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Special Schools, Church Schools and Independent Schools.
ASP training and consultancy sessions can be personalised to support the professional development needs of your school team and offer consultancy support to Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teachers, Senior Management Teams, Subject Leaders, SENCO’s, Gifted and Talented Leaders, Class teachers, Newly Qualified Teachers, Learning Support Assistants and Governors.
We are here to support you with using tools such as ASP, Ofsted IDSR’s, Excel, FFT and MIS Systems as well as provide guidance for Governing Bodies, creating your school’s data story, EYFS, SEN, Gifted and Talented, Leadership and Management, School Improvement and Ofsted Preparation.
You can select your audience – Training can be 1:1 for Headteachers and Deputies, for particular focus groups or whole staff teams.
Consultancy & Training
ASP & IDSR Primary
ASP & IDSR Secondary
ASP & IDSR Post 16
The School Evaluation Roadshow
Excel for Schools – Beginners
Excel for Data Managers – Advanced
Data Story Course
Fischer Family Trust
School Improvement Consultancy & Training
Data Interpretation Training for Governors
Preparing for OFSTED Consultancy & Training
Early Years Foundation Stage & eProfile
SEN Consultancy and Training
Gifted and Talented Consultancy and Training
Comprehensive Interpretation and Analysis of your ASP / FFT reports
Leadership and Management Consultancy and Training
If you continue to have issues, please contact us on 0207 183 8357, option 6.